Racy Fashion

Fashion has never seemed so black and white. I just came across this editorial that I save on my computer, and glad that I did. I remember being very shocked seeing this in Vogue Paris October  2009. Carine Roitfeld always has a daring fashion sense that bleeds from her magazine, but this ode to Karl Lagerfeld's muse, Lara Stone, seems to be beyond...controversial? Or is it? This shoot was photographed by Steven Meisel - and he is known to have started this trademark, statement by having his models covered in black paint, or portryaing them with an extremely overdone tan. Meisel obviously has some kind of meaning behind this kind of representation, because he could have just used African American models for the shoot. I feel like I might be touching a very sensitive area, so I will cut this short. Below are the images from the editorial:

No comments:

Post a Comment