Sam, my love

Again, I must display Sam Haskins. I love his work - his representation of the female nude body was seen as an innovative new turn in fashion photography, when he first came on the scene. I most especially love his use of scenery ultimately relating to the body in his images. He either has landscape in parallel to the human form or attitude- hands down, amazing work. I recently have purchased a photo book of his "Cowboy Kate" series, below are some images I have in my collection on my desktop in the "Sam, my love" folder

Strangely, I sometimes see similarities between Haskins's use of the body and landscape in Ryan McGinley's work as well (below is an example image by him). McGinley has more sense of body movement in his work, but his representation of the sole body with the bare background, touches on several aspects of Haskins's work

No comments:

Post a Comment